Wednesday, October 8, 2008

HAPPY BDAY TO "D"

Well, D turned 28 Sunday. We had family meet for a "special" dinner on Saturday night at Ruth's Chris. It was so relaxing and we definetly enjoyed the company. We usually go out on the weekends but not usually a place like this. It was great food and a nice, quiet atmosphere. After dinner I had planned on the rest of our family (his side) to meet us at my house, that I had his mom come and decorate for me and put the cake out that I got from Rick's and the tons of balloons, for cake and presents. I didnt want to make him think it was going to be all of our friends and family, but the last few years we have been so busy with football and moving and getting married, that we haven't really been able to "do" much for his bday. So, he had no idea what to think or expect so it was fun without him knowing anything. Here are some pics from Saturday night.

D's birthday cake (FABULOUS!)



Cheesey "birthday sign" thingy and gifts

(I had to make it cheesey because he totally didnt expect it)So you can laugh


"HAPPY BDAY TO YOU & MANY MORE..."



Well, after a busy day Saturday with Hogs game and dinner and party after, Sunday we did it all over again that evening. We had dinner and stuff and his mom's that night. I'll be fine without cake or big meals for awhile now.
Unitil next time...

4 comments:

Josh and Kate said...

Happy Birthday D!!!
Love your favorite boys,
Peyton & Parker

(By the way, the cake looks yum-o!)

Blaire said...

Oh, I haven't had a birthday party for Caleb's birthday (or a cake for that matter) since..... never. Yep, wife of the year here. You are a great wife! Keep up the good work! :)

Rhonda said...

Hi Courtney! I'm so glad you found us in the blogosphere!! Now I can keep up with you and D. Yes, get on the ball and have a baby soon.... it's wonderful. I can't wait for you to meet Benjamin. I run into your parents occasionally and they always get me up to speed on your married life. WE MISS YOU and miss you being our "nanny." We love you.... the shaws.

Tracy said...

Courtney.....I'm trying to compile contact information for the class of 1999 so we can plan our 10 year reunion. Craziness. Anyway, I need Dawayne's email address along with y'alls address. If you don't want to post it on my blog, just email me at tracymac08@gmail.com. Thanks! Have a great week.